Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Phase 2 of Tempest Rising and City Sieges

Before I start with my experience in the Tempest Rising World Event, let me say few other things about this whole patch. Although, 1.11 brought many, many changes which made many, many people angry, what we actually have here might be just a part of history. History of Rift, Telara, Trion and the whole MMO genre. Something that will go down like a turning point of the game. Something that will have players, years after Storm Legion expansion, talking about this Tempest Rising adventures and how they led to the new continents.


And no, this isn't the worst Rift patch. And yes, I got this after I let go of my old Pyromancer build and accepted the changes with full arms. No, I can't be mad at something I love so much more than one day. It's might be selfish and subjective, but what the hell.

Now, about the Second Phase of Tempest Rising. It's actually pretty cool. People from the 'far away land' are setting in Iron Pine Peak to help my currently favorite team - the Icewatch. Highly suspicious Queen Miela (she really looks like the human form of Crucia) is also there, and she needs help from you, the Ascended. Her and her people, along with the Icewatch are fighting the Storm Legion forces, who are building settlements around Iron Pine Peak. There are few daily quests in which you aid the friendly people with barricades, ballistas and you're even releasing Yetis at the Storm Legion camps. Poor Yetis, it really broke my heart the way I dragged them there. I never had anything against Iron Pine Yetis, I even have a Yeti pet. Never tried to understand what wrong did they meant to those bastards who gave me quests to kill them.


Anyway, Yeti fur aside, we're getting to City Sieges. The quests from Iron Pine led me to Asha Catari in Meridian which actually opened the City Siege Instant Adventures. Pretty much like 'normal' IA's but these are inside the town! And they are everywhere, of course, Storm Legion themed. You'll be fighting various 'stormy' creatures like owls, elementals, build barricades to defend the city, recruit soldiers... you know, the usual thing when your city is under a goddamn siege. The Storm Legion is actually inside Meridian which makes is kinda not-that-cool because only players and nearby NPCs are involved. I mean, it's a city siege and it's a small city, you know! You're fighting of a bad ass massive boss for your achievement (you'll probably grind for a while to get it) in Meridian Training Yard and freaking Trena is across the street teaching people how to fish! Not saying that every single NPC should be in battle, but why not place the Storm Legion camp elsewhere? Like, outside of city walls? However, this whole City Siege thing is neat, but it might get boring after a while.

I really cannot wait what will the next phase bring. This one is so good so far and I'm loving it. And if anybody's counting, Storm Legion is coming live in three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment